Job SummaryAuburn Athletics is seeking candidates for the position of Information Technology Specialist – IT Business Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Technology in Athletics, this position plays a crucial role in enabling the technologies of the future for Auburn University Athletics. We accomplish this by building industry expertise in commercial platforms related to our sales, marketing, financial and donations units to understand future capabilities needed to efficiently support the business. We facilitate the prioritization, planning and funding alignment of initiatives that deliver the future state technology solutions and maximize value realization.
The position will partner with team leads to determine current and future state business capabilities needed to support the corporate functions and business segments effectively and efficiently in collegiate athletics.
Essential FunctionsResponsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to help drive Athletics IT program vision, strategy, business/technology architecture and product roadmaps, working closely with Athletics IT leadership
- Identify and implement technologies to facilitate data-driven decision-making
- Maintaining deep industry experience, strong technical knowledge, and financial/business skills
- Track key performance metrics to measure success and identify and iterate on opportunities for optimization
- Help develop technical depth within IT team through mentoring and coaching.
- Participate in and drive Athletics Department consensus through collaboration ensuring various ideas meet the goals and objectives of Athletics units
- Partner with executive leadership, project owners and other cross-functional teams to align with the business needs and processes
- Leverage technology to support the established marketing and sales campaigns with the ability to segment and target a variety of customer demographics
- Guide cross-functional teams in understanding Salesforce benefits and product offerings
- Transform functional requirements into Salesforce features
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience developing schemas and queries, testing for quality assurance, and monitoring of one or more relational databases (SQL preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce platform and the ability to administer permissions, roles, profiles, and API
- Experience leading technology strategy, roadmap development and realization in the allocated business functions
- Demonstrated experience in advocating technology solutions, ensuring consensus through collaboration
- Outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
- Execution-oriented, and able to complete tasks independently
- Strong passion for technology and staying abreast of industry trends